- IMPORTANT: When a customer signs up for certain BEVCOMM-offered services, the customer may agree to policies that address service-specific privacy practices. For example, BEVCOMM dial-up and High-speed Internet services customers are subject to additional privacy practices.
- In the normal course of providing telecommunications services, BEVCOMM collects and maintains certain information about customer accounts. This information, when matched to a customer’s name, address, and calling or originating billing telephone number, is known as Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI).
- Examples of CPNI include information typically available from details on a customer’s monthly telephone bill—the type of line, technical characteristics, class of service, current telephone charges, long distance and local service billing record, directory assistance charges, usage data, and calling patterns.
- We maintain CPNI to provide our customers with detailed and accurate billing information. We do not sell CPNI to unaffiliated third parties and abide by the federal and/or state CPNI rules that apply to all telecommunications carriers.
- When a customer subscribes to our local telephone service, we offer the customer the opportunity to request that his/her name, telephone number, and address not be published in directories or be made available through directory assistance.
- We will not provide a customer’s personal information to unaffiliated third parties for the marketing of third-party products without our customer’s consent.
- We will keep our customer’s personal information secure and confidential through safeguards such as secure encryption technology and by requiring the entry of usernames and passwords to access personal information.
Information we collect and use:
- BEVCOMM collects and uses customer information such as name, address, and telephone number. Personal information, such as demographics, billing, payment and transaction information, including credit card numbers, account numbers, and/or social security numbers, may be combined with customer information.
- We may use personal information to monitor our customers’ quality of service and/or to provide products and services.
- We also use personal information to market and sell BEVCOMM-offered products and services.
- We maintain and/or collect email addresses from customers to provide product and service information and confirmation. Email addresses may be used for marketing BEVCOMM-offered products and services.
Information we disclose to third parties:
- We provide personal information to third parties solely in order to provide certain BEVCOMM-offered products and services. For example, we disclose customer personal information to long distance carriers and their affiliates solely in order to provide long distance services.
- We may share necessary personal information with third parties, such as shipping companies, to complete an order.
- We may, where permitted by law, provide personal information to credit bureaus, or provide information and/or sell receivables to collection agencies, to obtain payment for BEVCOMM-offered products and services.
- We must disclose information, when requested, to comply with court orders, warrants, or subpoenas. We will also share information when necessary to prevent unlawful use of communications services, when necessary to repair network outages, and when a customer dials 911 and information regarding their location is transmitted to a public safety agency.
- Your name and number may also be transmitted and displayed on a Caller ID device unless you have elected to block such information. Please note that Caller ID Blocking does not prevent the display of your number when you dial certain business numbers, 911, 900 numbers, or toll-free 800, 888, 877, or 866 numbers.
Changes to this policy:
When you interact with us, we automatically receive and store certain types of information, such as the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, the products you purchase, or your location information associated with your IP address. We use the information we collect to serve you more relevant advertisements (referred to as “Retargeting”). This is statistical information used to monitor the usage of our website and for advertising purposes. This information does not include personal information.
As you browse bevcomm.net, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with bevcomm.net. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can visit this page AdRoll Privacy to opt out of AdRoll and their partners' targeted advertising.